11 St Marks Road, Darling Point
‘Alnwick’ – a grand Edwardian family home in elite surrounds.
Approximately 1287m2 of land. Rejuvenated by renowned architect Michael Suttor.
Built in 1917 for a prominent Sydney family, Alnwick is one of Sydney’s finest Edwardian manor homes. In a very quiet setting amid landscaped grounds and having a rich pedigree, this home is offered for the first time in 20 years. This property has been sympathetically refurbished whilst retaining its architectural grandeur, and showcases impeccable craftsmanship – from the sweeping staircase and elegant reception rooms to the soaring ceilings and stained glass windows. Alnwick’s secluded cul-de- sac location and commanding setting at the top of the Darling Point ridge afford year-round sunlight and supreme privacy.
• Designed in 1915 by leading architects Waterhouse & Lake
• Gated gravel driveway and a grand formal reception foyer
• 7 bedrooms including a self-contained guest or staff wing
• Master suite with dressing room & tasteful marble bathroom
• Drawing room and formal dining room with grand fireplaces
• Wrap-around terrazzo verandah, perfect for entertaining
• Granite kitchen adjoining butler’s pantry and family room
• Jasmine-framed summer courtyard, lush manicured lawn
• Guest powder room, wine cellar, extensive storage space
• Integrated sound system, High speed cable internet, back to base alarm
• Garage with internal access, rainwater irrigation, zoned 2b
• Exclusive enclave, 3km to the CBD, 450m to Edgecliff station
• Potential to develop roof space with harbour views STCA
THE BLACKET AGENCY
Incorporating Blacket and Glasgow
The Blacket Agency have a long history selling high profile properties for top prices. At the Blacket Agency you deal only with the principals.
Suite 16 Bay Village,
28-34 Cross St, Double Bay
02 9327 1717